The old Linux+ LPI exam retires on 10/01/2019 and will be replaced by the new Linux+ XK0-004.
CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004 is a high-stakes, vendor-neutral certification that validates the fundamental knowledge and skills required of junior Linux administrators. Only One Exam is Necessary to be Certified.
In addition to topics traditionally associated with systems administration tasks, such as configuring, managing, operating and troubleshooting in a Linux environment, the new exam has an increased focus on the following areas:
- Kernel Modules
- Storage and virtualization
- Enterprise-level device management
- DevOps basics, through Git and automation
- Networking and firewalls, especially involving security issues
- Server side and command line, for server management in a multi-server environment
- SELinux, with a focus on implementation of this robust security system